🇬🇧HAPPY 90TH QUEENIE
It's the Queen's 90th birthday today!
- •Born: Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary on the 21 April 1926 in LondonTo the House of Windsor
- •Parents: The Duke & Duchess of York, later King George VI & Queen Elizabeth.Due to Edward, Prince of Wales, abdication caused by his proposed marriage to divorced socialite Wallis Simpson. George succeeded to the throne.
- •Sister: Princess Margaret RoseRumoured romances with Mick Jagger, Peter Sellers and David Niven. She served as President of Girlguiding UK from 1965 until her death in 2002.
- •Husband: Prince Philip (Mountbatten) of Greece and DenmarkMarried 20 November 1947. Queenie made him a prince of the United Kingdom in 1957. Prince Philip helped develop the equestrian event of carriage driving.
- •Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales.He founded The Prince's Trust in 1976. He is also a keen and accomplished watercolourist.
- •Princess Royal Anne Elizabeth Alice LouiseA talented Equestrian she was the first member of the British Royal Family to have competed in the Olympic Games.
- •Prince Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duke of York.He is a keen golfer. He was also Captain of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews between 2003 and 2004.
- •Prince Edward Antony Richard Louis, Earl of Wessex.Edward famously created the programme 'The Grand Knockout Tournament' in which teams sponsored by him, Princess Anne and the Duke and Duchess of York competed for charity. (It was as bad as it sounds)
- •Some facts...
- •She was a girl guide & sea ranger.A Girl Guides company, the 1st Buckingham Palace Company, was formed so that she could socialise with girls her own age. She will join layer join Sea Ranger.
- •She's a dog loverAs of 2007 the Lizzie has 5 corgis: Monty, Emma, Linnet, Willow and Holly; 5 cocker spaniels: Bisto, Oxo, Flash, Spick, and Span; and 4 dorgis: Cider, Berry, Vulcan and Candy. Monty, Willow and Holly famously appeared in the 2012 Olympic opening ceremony when James Bond arrived at Buckingham Palace to escort the Queen to the event.
- •She has a keen interest in horsesEmphasis on breeding of race horses. Horses owned by Lizzie has won over 1600 races. She was named British flat racing Champion owner twice, one time a reigning monarch has done so. She is said to read the Racing Post at breakfast every day.
- •She has 5 great-grandchild.Including most recent, Prince George & Princess Charlotte.
- •She's been around for agesShe is the world's oldest reigning monarch as well as Britain's longest-lived. She surpassed the reign of her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria in 2015.
- •She'll get two birthday celebrationsThe Queen will celebrate her birthday privately but there will be an official public celebration in June (different date). It’s tradition that two birthdays are given if the King/Queen's birth date is not in the summer. This is because there will be a better chance of good weather for the birthday parade, which is called Trooping the Colour.
- •God save the Queen!HAPPY BIRTHDAY 👸🏼🎊🎉!