🇬🇧 LONDON TO EDINBURGH: A TRAIN DIARY
Honestly I have not done this journey in so long. My last venture up north was also for a wedding of an university flatmate. I never know why I leave it so long this train journey is beautiful 🏞...
- •Bright and early 6:30am - still dark 🌙
- •King's Cross station 🚂 - a beauty
- •Advantage of being up this early...McDonald's breakfast 🍔☕️ #NoJudgement
- •Remembering to book the seat next to this 🔌🔋#modernissues #longjourney #smart
- •Not much happening at, first stop, Peterborough.
- •Important tune - you know it #Adele #hello
- •4h 30min train rideEnough time to catch up some reading. My book club is reading Frankenstein (you know for Halloween 👹) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankenstein
- •Stop 2 - Retford. Has bench
- •Creeping on guy next to meGuy next to me is reading the paper 📰. Wish I got a paper cause 3G is crap. #whentechnologyfails #printisbest Also ⭐️STAR WARS...stamps 📮. #bestinthegalaxy (yes I creeped a photo of the guy next to me reading the paper).
- •Stop 3 - Doncaster. There is a lot more people here then the previous 2 stops but can also be that it is now the godly hour of 9:11am.
- •Stop 6 - with a name like Darlington I imagine this place is real lovely.
- •Bridges 🌉 - we're in Newcastle
- •⬇️🚻 do you need a male and female before you use this lift?
- •Snacks trolley dramaSnacks trolley is coming through. I think I would like a tea, bottle of water and packet of crisps. Where is that £10 I'm sure I had, oh of course spent it last night. 'Do you take card?' 'Cash is better & quicker' Hope I have enough cash 'how much is that' '£3,50' 'umm I won't have the water..' 'No it's fine we take card but takes longer'. Feel really bad for bothering him don't even ask for the crisps. #sobritish #fwp #iwantcrisps
- •Train ticket to Edinburgh is expensiveYeah is it - so you better punch my ticket otherwise I would feel like I could have got away with not buying a ticket. Bonus points for being 💛 shape!
- •Oh Scotland coast you are beautiful
- •I'm here!! View from our AirBnb - 2 min crawl from the wedding venue. #forwardplanning