ONLINE DATING: THINGS I WONDER ABOUT ALL THE TIME
Online dating is tiring and I dip in and out depending. But these are things I ponder a lot when I'm on it.
- •Am/will I be catfished?I hate that show and never want to be on it. Understandably I am aware that I need to be the one catfishing to unknowingly be on that show...
- •Is gym/fitness your real hobby?If so, then I have like 20 more follow-up questions.
- •Why do so many insist on group photos profile pics?It's mean to you and to me. Don't do it.
- •Profiles with no real photo.Just inspirational sayings or photos of cars etc. Really do you get the point of online dating?
- •Is it okay to just be rude these days?As long as its online it's not 'real' - is that the feeling? Words from behind a screen and far away still have power. Have some manners, is what I try to remember.
- •To be honest, I'm the worse (aka scared)Dating scares me. Putting myself out there scares me. Making the first move scares me. Being rejected scares me.
- •Being alone scares me tooBut you know, in a comfortable scary way. I have wine, cheese, real great friends, @list peeps, family. Like it could be worse....
- •Sorry this list took a weird turn - even I wasn't expecting it.Daylight saving and 4 day weekend has completely screwed me over. I blame it on that.