Looking Back on 2015, Perhaps I Should Have...
Lessons from the year that lowkey wrecked and built me. Thanks @Nicholas you're a real one
- •Gotten everything in writing
- •Moved in fully and completely before resuming workMy Gate Opener Is Not Attached To My Car Buttons Nine Months Later, and other first-time homeowner procrastinations
- •Never apologized unless I was sorry
- •Made more eye contactCommunicated less.
- •Stopped before I felt itAn open bar, seeing someone, a higher-risk investment...
- •Forgiven before I forgotI'm smarter than to believe people that have proven themselves reckless, unhappy, malicious. I'm loyal to a fault (read: stubborn). 🎶 A domesticated tiger could spoon you from birth and would still rip your face off 🎶
- •Pocketed my phone for every meeting and hang.
- •Kept things separatedCompartmentalization is key
- •Taken a klonopin or whatever and just gone to the chemo facilityIt something seems important to feel, don't be ashamed of what it makes you feel. Just be there
- •Exercised my road doggie stamina on the sprints as well as the marathonsThose tend to be the ones with the longest recovery time. Uncle @john please advise
- •Guarded relationships I cared about from the friendships I was building,particularly from those who find identity in whomever's lap they're in
- •Protected my time and been a more proactive maid of honourI was such a solid best man though
- •Not expected so much from the CowboysAfter the whole Dez/incomplete call last year, I wanted him to make this season wish it was never born. I wept in front of @snoopdogg the night we beat the Redskins but also my eyes burned so
- •Shout out to those of you that did this the hard way and came through to List the taleYou probably warned me
- •To those of you who haven't learned any of these lessons yourself,don't.