Ways I've Described Writing 'Secondhand'
My band The Never Ending shot this lil acoustic video for a song called Secondhand, and I've heard myself say these things about "the process"
- •hurt so good
- •like if you were trapped inside a ukulele's body and you ugly cried
- •I didn't mean to
- •I never cared about falling in love until I did it and then I forgot to how care about anything except through the eyes of that love dude it was so weird
- •I didn't know what else to do
- •Basically couldn't understand why discovering safety and respect and acceptance and home and freedom felt like something I should be afraid of
- •Yeah but like have you ever been terrified of yourself
- •In the hour it took to write that shit, I got more poison out of me that was left by this abusive situation than in three years of self-medicating and therapy
- •I mean I kinda like woke up and it was on the back of a bill envelope next to me so technically I don't know that I wrote it