12 Ways to Heal Stress Around You
By reversing your stressful behavior, you become a healer of stress. If you don't put much stock in workplace studies, look around you. Are you creating stressful symptoms in others?
- •Back away from being demanding, critical, and a perfectionist.
- •Be more consistent and less changeable in what you ask of others.
- •Never show disrespect for other workers or their work.
- •Maintain a dignified work environment (e.g., a place where swearing, gossip, and sexual remarks are not condoned).
- •Give other people their own space.
- •Deal with your own stress instead of passing it down the line.
- •Don't burden others with your personal issues; keep it professional.
- •Never offer criticism in public.
- •Take a personal interest in others, offering appreciation and praise generously.
- •Be loyal; show that you can be trusted.
- •When someone else is talking, pay attention and then follow through if they need something.
- •Ask for more input from others, showing that you value their experience and knowledge.