A Path to Forgiveness: 7 Steps
I'd like to encourage anyone who wishes to become a unit of peace in the world to consider walking the path of forgiveness, and so as a practical matter, let me simplify it--in essence, the following things are necessary.
- •Find your own peace through meditation, yoga, or other contemplative practice.
- •Renounce the illusion that you can change someone else's morality or worldview.
- •Know that you can do more to change the world by who you are than by anything you can say or teach.
- •Take responsibility for nonviolence in your speech and actions.
- •Address the issues of judgment, blame, and anger in yourself.
- •Associate with like-minded people who are committed to peace and forgiveness.
- •Adopt a vision of the highest possibilities for humankind.