Why we don't use pet names for tropical storms.
- •Our hurricane recon flight reported that Hurricane Fluffy has maximum sustained winds of over 102 mph.
- •Tropical Storm Spot will make landfall near Houston, major flooding is to be expected.
- •Winky has become a Post-Tropical cyclon, locally heavy rain, rip current risk continues.
- •We have our third named storm of the season, tropical storm Chew Barka, which is expected to strengthen as is nears the coast on Thursday morning.
- •Stay safe this hurricane season, remember your emergency preparations and listen to all emergency notifications. Never forget the lives lost in Mr. Lickers that could have been prevented with proper emergency preparedness.