TRAILERS THAT WERE BETTER THAN THE MOVIE...
Feel free to add...
- •Where the Wild Things AreArcade Fire + Gorgs (see Fraggle Rock) + exploding leaf heaps = Perfection... for 90 seconds at least.
- •Marie AntoinetteAgain the music. New Order. The horse running. What's her name, zipping down those stairs in the gown. Great.
- •American SniperSeemed like it could be good.
- •Godzilla (2014)Bryan Cranston's terrified VO speech. Those sky divers with smoke trails dropping through the clouds. The all-dude church choir getting louder and louder. And finally, the glimpse of a badass Gozilla at the very end. Amazing. Then it turns out Cranston's barely in the movie. Da fuk?
- •All Transformers MoviesThe scale of these CGI sequences always makes me think I should see them. But Naw.
- •The Wrestler (tie)Both were AMAZING. Don't get me wrong. But I cried during the trailer and not the movie.
- •Terminator: SalvationThey gave away the whole twist of the movie in the trailer?!!! But those motorcycle terminators were the shit.
- •TroyI didn't see the movie actually, but remember all those boats and when Brad Pitt jumped at the camera with that little sword out.
- •Miami ViceSuggested by @charlie
- •Pearl HarborOne of the all-time great trailers imo, the FDR voiceover, the plane flying by the kids playing Little League - then a massive bust of a movie.Suggested by @helytimes
- •Girl With The Dragon TattooSuggested by @erichutchinson
- •BlowIt's not a bad movie, but it's a top-five all time trailer. Ram Jam FTWSuggested by @jackd