Songs that I'm obsessed with right now
in no order of importance
- •Kirby by Aesop RockAes is the king of independent hip hop statistically proven to have the largest vocabulary in the entire genre. His work is often abstract and complex. This song is about his adorable cat.
- •Right Hand Man from Hamilton the Musical by Lin Manuel MirandaIf you don't know what Hamilton is by now, you really need to get your priorities in check.
- •Hard to Handle by The Black CrowsAn oldie but a goodie. I've always loved this cover of the old Otis Redding song, yesiram.
- •Philomena by The DecemberistsA fun little sing-song tune about unrequited love. Colin Meloy is such a cunning linguist ;)
- •IV. Sweatpants by Childish GambinoThis whole album is pretty dope, but this song always has me coming back to it. Something about the beat. Also that moment when the music drops he says "I don't give a fuck about my family name" It's intense.
- •Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic ZerosThis song is just damn adorable.
- •The Moral of the Story by George WatskyThis list wouldn't be complete without Watsky. This is from his Cardboard Castle album. It gets you pumped. Work!