20 YEARS AGO TODAY...
I was informed that I had cancer. I remember those first few hours after my diagnosis so well - and my reactions to the news:
- •IncomprehensionI honestly could not understand what my doctor was telling me.
- •DisbeliefMy brain tried to process this by convincing me that the medical staff must have got my test results mixed up with some other person's tests.
- •TearsI started to cry and I just could not stop.
- •Frantic worryingI had just started my dream job and I did not know what would happen next.
- •Heavy heartI had to tell my family and friends about my diagnosis. I told a few people but it was so upsetting that I asked my parents to do it. And you all know from my lists just how fab my parents are; I could not have got through this without them. 💜