A DAY IN MY WORKING LIFE
Kinda live listing Thursday 2 March
- •c.0730Arrive at the office super early because I want to speak on the 'phone with a colleague in Tokyo. They are 10 hours ahead, so I catch him just before he is heading home.
- •0830 - head to the staff canteen for breakfast.No pics because I devour it in a nano-second.
- •0845 - colleagues arrive and we discuss our plans for the day.My plan involves leaving early...
- •0930 - I discuss tactics for a meeting with my head of department.He freaks me out by saying I'm his back up! I am NOT! He is at least 3 grades higher than I am so - no.
- •1015 - how I feel ahead of the 1030 meeting:
- •1230 - an hour and a half meeting!And the guests didn't eat the biscuits, so... Well, it would be rude not to, right?
- •1300 - LUNCH!!!Al desko, while I catch up with e-mails, read the BBC website, gossip with colleagues and think about the next meeting which is in 30 minutes.
- •1330 - 1430, a master class from my head of department to lots of people entitled "Rock & Roll Diplomacy"...He was the Ambassador to Cuba when Mick J et al played a free concert to hundreds of thousands of people. Tim (head of department) was funny, engaging and insightful.
- •1430 - 1500, telephone call with a colleague who is working from home today.She is on leave tomorrow and Monday, so I will cover her duties.
- •1500 - 1530, meeting with a colleague (I'm his line manager).He is also on leave tomorrow and Monday, so I will be covering his duties too. #Pray4Diva
- •1630 - I'm outta here!
- •I ❤️ LondonThe composition is a bit rubbish, but you can see the Elizabeth Tower from here.