A note to the class of 2016
As requested by @k8zinker (thanks!), here we go!
- •Give yourself a pat on the backOMGoodness - you SURVIVED! All that studying; all those books.
- •Hug your parents - your siblings - your extended famThey may have been collateral damage in your war on studying and getting good grades.
- •Give your teachers the benefit of the doubtIf you don't admire them now, it is quite likely you will in a few years.
- •Hug your friendsYou will hopefully make lots & lots of new friends, you will hopefully retain a lot of your school/college friendships, but some friendships will end. Sad.
- •Fall in love - don't fall in love - make love - don't make loveIt's up to you. No-one but you. It isn't anyone else's business either.
- •TravelSee the world - or even just a new town! You'll learn so much.
- •Choose a job or a career that you love &/or enjoy!Because then it WON'T BE WORK, it truly will be a labour of love.
- •Wear sunscreen!Baz Luhrmann is right.