EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: MY TOP 7 ENTRIES, RANKED
Yep! It's *that* time of the year again - when European nations, plus Israel AND AUSTRALIA (?!) all compete in a singing competition. It is unbelievably CHEESY and the voting is hilariously political, BUT WE ❤️IT. My faves from years gone by are:
- •1. Waterloo by Abba (Sweden, winners in 1974)Best Eurovision song EVER!
- •2. Euphoria by Loreen (Sweden, winner in 2012)Great song! Modern and atmospheric. (Sweden takes Eurovision VERY seriously).
- •3. Playing with Fire by Paula Seling & Ovi (Romania, participants in 2010)They didn't win but I ❤️ their song!
- •4. Hallelujah by Milk & Honey (Israel, winners in 1979)Sung in Hebrew, the group came on stage one by one to join the singing. They may have sung a verse or two in English at the end of the competition when they had won. FABULOUS!
- •5. A little peace by Nicole (Germany, winner in 1982)After she had won the competition, Nicole sang again, with each verse in a different language. BRILLIANT!
- •6. Save your kisses for me by Brotherhood of Man (UK, winners in 1976)Cheesy! As a nine year old, I totally nailed the group's dance routine!
- •7. Making your mind up by Buck's Fizz (UK, winners in 1981)Another cheesy group with a dance routine that involved the guys pulling off the women's long skirts to reveal mini skirts... 👀 SO WRONG!