I WAS 41, WORKING IN BRAZIL
Inspired by @Lisa_Fav
- •And our manager said we could watch it on TV, if we wanted to.
- •And I raced down to the TV, because I wanted to be in the first row, for the English language version on BBC World.
- •And I rang my mum back in the UK, to make sure she was watching the same broadcast as me.And she told me that she was going to pour herself a whisky, because she never thought that she would see this day in her lifetime. That's when the first set of tears came.
- •And I watched it all with my friend Grace sitting beside me. We were the only British women of colour in the room.We cried so much. Tears of joy.
- •I'm not watching today.I can't.