NEW JOB - DAY 6
So, I've been in my new job since last Tuesday, and my new colleagues and I have been shadow boxing and warily getting to know each other.
- •Today, there was some intensive and in-depth questioning and I was under IMMENSE pressure to answer honestly.
- •Basically, my credibility was on the line here.
- •I knew I would be judged harshly and that my reputation would be trashed if my reply was sub-par:
- •"So, what is YOUR favourite ABBA song?"I may have started to sweat profusely at this point.
- •This was even harder than the "Where do you stand on Jaffa Cakes?" question (obviously I am pro orange & chocolate biscuit/cake deliciousness)
- •My answer?I decided to hedge my bets
- •"Angel Eyes"
- •But also...
- •"One of Us"
- •Colleagues' reactions: sharp intakes of breath, followed by sage nods and exclamations of approval! 🎉
- •My reaction: imaginary fist pump - release of breath that I didn't know I was holding - immense waves of relief!