I think it's being "the third wheel" in American English? idk. Anyhow, this happened today. 😊
- •My parents won a prize in their church's raffle.They give a lot to their church (time, money, devotion, prayers), so it was lovely to hear that they'd won something!
- •The prize was tea for two!At a local café. A hipster café (!)
- •So my parents thought they should be accompanied by a "young" person. Me. 😳I am 48 years old.
- •We were going to go a couple of weeks ago.But the café was flooded recently because of heavy rain. 😢
- •But the café - Arlo & Moe, in Crofton Park - was fully operational again today!The staff were absolutely lovely to my parents.
- •Here's a pic!Diva Dad looks a bit sceptical but he really enjoyed his Bakewell cake and English breakfast tea!
- •Here's another pic!Diva Mum ❤️ cake!!!
- •I had a sausage roll!Because that's how I...
- •And that, kids, is how I played gooseberry when my parents went on their date.