SIX YEARS AGO TODAY...
I was gripped by the TV footage of the rescue of the Chilean miners trapped underground! Do you remember?
- •5 August 2010, a mine collapsed in the Atacama region of northern Chile.
- •69 miners were trapped underground.
- •They only had 3 days worth of emergency food with them.
- •For 17 days, there was no word from them.
- •With instructions from above ground from emergency rescue workers, they aided their own escape!
- •The rescue operation started on 13 October 2010.
- •It took 22.5 hours to bring all the miners to the surface.
- •This headline in a British tabloid: