TRAVEL TUESDAY: PART 17: TOKYO
In 2007, I went on a short work trip to Tokyo. The food was DELICIOUS as you would expect, so I am NOT going to list about it. The people I met were lovely, they made me feel very welcome. Here are some highlights and experiences from that trip:
- •Taxis with doors that automatically (and only!) opened on the kerb side.
- •Heated toilet seats!!!Strange (but not unpleasant) sensation.
- •THE CLEANEST underground public transport system EVER!Perfect.
- •I went there in November, and even though the majority of Japanese people do not celebrate Christmas, the big department stores had festive decorations and Christmas songs blaring out.
- •My worst jet lag experience EVER!I fell asleep during meetings. I felt so awful about it but then my colleagues told me about INEMURI: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/18/japanese-firms-encourage-workers-sleep-on-job