WEDNESDAY WONDERINGS: SYDNEY: MY FAVOURITE NEW YEAR'S EVE
OK - I was supposed to List this yesterday as a Travel Tuesday submission... SORRY! I am not a NYE fan ~ I usually head to bed at around 10pm to escape it all. But in 2003, I was in Australia and NYE was FAB! Here's my HOW TO ENJOY NYE IF IT IS NOT YOUR FAVE:
- •Travel from Canberra to SydneyWho wouldn't want to be in Sydney for NYE? It's the height of summer and the parties are mostly outdoors.
- •See the fireworks at 9pmDid you guys know that there was a fireworks display three hours before the main event for kids? My friend Sheila and I watched the early display at ground level in Darling Harbour. It wasn't too crowded at that point...
- •Escape the crush... But from 10pm onwards, it started to get crazy busy!!!
- •See the fireworks at midnightFrom the comfort of our Sydney office conference room at Circular Quay, which has an amazing view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge!
- •Ring your family in the UK... FROM THE FUTURE!!!Midnight in Sydney, 2004 is 1pm in London in 2003!
- •Take your tipsy self to your hotel
- •Ring your family in the UKAt THEIR midnight... Only to hear that everyone has been struck by the norovirus. 😪 😳