TRADITIONAL FOOD PAIRINGS THAT I SIMPLY CANNOT ABIDE
I seem to feel quite strongly about these in the face of the masses who don't seem to mind either way.
- 1.Mustard on a hamburger or cheeseburger.Ketchup I can abide for others, but would never have myself. Mayonnaise is perfectly fine.
- 2.Ketchup on a hotdog.Mustard please, and raw onions. Hot mustard and sauerkraut for a bratwurst.
- 3.Pineapple on a pizza.
- 4.Plum sauce on a duck.
- 5.The "a l'orange" on duck a 'l'orange.Outside of Thai duck curry with pineapple, fruit and meat combos are out for me. Hence the following...
- 6.Turkey with cranberry sauce.How can you taste the turkey when it's swimming in that?
- 7.Lamb with mint.See above.
- 8.Chocolate with orange.Or chilli, or mint, or just about anything except the odd whole nut, rice crispy, or caramel.
- 9.Chocolate liqueur.
- 10.Prosciutto and melon.Buffalo mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto? Bring. It.
- 11.Raisins in just about anything - but particularly brownies and cinnamon buns.
- 12.Jam in a donut (see #6).
- 13.Anything other than powdered sugar on a funnel cake (yes, including lemon juice).