THINGS I SHOULD BE OVER BY THE TIME I'M 30 BUT I'M NOT
I turn 30 this coming April and I might try to break some childish habits by that point.
- •Traveling with a stuffed animal.This is circumstantial, depending on if I have a partner I'm traveling with. I'm single now, so I bring along my trusty stuffed kitten named Chocolate when I travel. He stays in the hotel and guards my things while I'm away, and cuddles with me at night. Easier than a boyfriend, plus he doesn't mind if I hit snooze 20 times before I wake up.
- •Eating peanut butter and jelly in a bowl.This is something that my twin sister and I used to ask our mom to make for us when we were kids. We asked for it as if it were one word: "Mom can you make us peanutbutterandjellyinabowl please?" It is a craving I never got over and something I make myself for comfort/nostalgia when I am feeling down. The trick is to just use a spoonful of each (preferably raspberry jam with seeds and Adam's crunchy) and enjoy and savor with the smallest spoon you can find.
- •Sitting in my mom's lap.She makes everything okay and I will do this until she's dead and maybe after.
- •Watching Full House, Fresh Prince, Saved by the Bell, The Cosby Show (sorry y'all), and other childhood favorite shows.I've seen them all a thousand times, but I like watching reruns while I read a book or zone out on the computer. Also I obviously still love John Stamos.
- •Dressing like a cat for Halloween.Never a slutty cat. Maybe I'm just not creative when it comes to Halloween costumes, but I love doing the simple face paint. This year I switched it up by being a cat burglar, at least.
- •Superstitious crap.Does everyone still do this? Wishes in fountains and cakes, holding breath over train tracks and tunnels, not walking under ladders, etc. Will probably always do this stuff too.