REASONS I'M CONVINCED THIS GIRL I MET AT THE BAR TONIGHT DOESN'T LIKE ME
the perks of being an optimist/realist are that you are hopeful anything could happen while simultaneously convinced that nothing will ever work out. welcome to single at 31.
- •her name is Grace, and that's a name I like, which is an obvious sign that she won't like me
- •she waved me over from my friend group to talk to her friend groupthis strikes me as the sort of thing women only do to guys whom they have pre-friend-zoned
- •her words were invested and encouraging, but her body language felt pretty closed offlike, closed arms, standing behind a bench thing
- •she's a cute girl from Florida (Miami?) and she's only been in LA a couple months, which means she's probably being hit on by every guy in every bar every night and already knows how much better she can do
- •when we were talking hikes I burnt through my rudimentary knowledge of hiking trails in about 90 seconds
- •I was gonna ask for her number, but before I could she said she wanted to add me on Facebook to follow up about a cliff-diving spot I mentioned in Malibuthis feels like another move meant to pre-stymie any even semi-romantic move I could make
- •she drinks Jameson rocks which is usually my basic go-to drink…this is the universe just teasing me, I'm certain
- •even after several attempts to give myself a graceful exit and her an easy out, she KEPT talking to me and bringing up new subjects. is this the twilight zone or am I on some sort of prank show about how long this poor sap of a guy will let a girl semi-lead him on until he finally gets it and gives up?
- •either way, still the best encounter I've had with a girl in months. how about another round of whiskey?