STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH THE WOMEN'S WORLD CUP FINAL
if you're not already watching America in the WWC Final, you should be, and here's why.
- •THE NARRATIVEthe 2011 World Cup Final was ALSO Japan vs. USA, and it's largely agreed that The US got robbed in that match, the shot at redemption this presents at this highest global level is practically unheard of.
- •The USWNT plays the beautiful gameif you love fūtbol, the U.S. Women's team plays it at the absolute highest level, graceful and tactical.
- •Set Piecesnobody has a head for the goal like the U.S. Women. keep an eye out for a potential Abby Wambach/Megan Rapinoe connection on a corner.
- •IT'S FUCKING FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND AND USA IS IN THE WORLD CUP FINALtell me that's not a sign
- •Alex Morgan 😍😍😍she's recently married, but still a badass babe of skill and hearts and smarts. recovered from her knee injury and back to top striker form.
- •great excuse to keep drinkingin a weekend full of debauchery, why not cap it off with a bang of shots and fun not a whimper of giving into your hangover.
- •supporting the USWNT is supporting equalitywith three openly gay players (Ali Krieger, Megan Rapinoe, Abby Wambach) and a lesbian coach (Jillian Ellis), the U.S. women's soccer team has embraced equality to a degree that no other major U.S. sport has, and especially with the historic vote earlier this week, this is the time to start celebrating talented, openly gay male and female role models for the next generation.
- •it's practically a home gamethe World Cup is in Canada, which gives the live crowd a big U.S. presence, LET 'EM HEAR YOU UP NORTH!
- •it's just plain funat the end of the day, sports are about fun and competition and entertainment, and no team has that in spades like the U.S. Women's National Team. let's go ladies!