90'S RAPPERS ARE ACTUALLY 19TH CENTURY BRITISH ROMANTIC POETS
- •Ice Cube = WordsworthHard core early street cred is followed by incredible success and longevity, later career choices make younger generations question them. Better to burn out than to fade away?...
- •Biggie Smalls = William BlakeYoung artist whose seminal efforts make him seem like a much older fore-father. Untouchable, mythic, essential.
- •Nas = Percy ShelleyYoung rebel shows up, fucks shit up, the game is never the same.
- •Tupac = John KeatsTragic poet whose unapologetically florid approach to his art either offends or entrances; taken from us too young.
- •Jay-Z = George Gordon, Lord ByronA debonair criminal whose every move the press salivates over, his work might not strike you as original, but you know it in your bones.
- •Faith Evans = Mary ShelleyForever overshadowed, despite "Frankenstein." Bow down.
- •P. Diddy = Leigh HuntHustler best known for fostering other's talent, but whose own work should not be overlooked. Mostly know for just being around a lot, talks a mad game.
- •DMX = Samuel Taylor ColeridgeDude was just sort of scary, okay?