Disney Eras: Bronze (1961-1977)
Part three of me and @residentst3vil ranking the movies in each Disney era. Here we have what we're calling the bronze era. This is a bit of a mixed bag. A lot of classics, but Walt Disney also died during this era, bringing about a shift in the company and an effect on the films themselves. Not to mention the shift to cheaper animation tactics.
- 1.The Jungle Book - 23.5Ethan: This one has an overall vibe to it that just fits. The music, characters, humor, and overall tone matches really well.
- 2.The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 22.5Ethan: I've always enjoyed this movie. It feels different from most other Disney movies, but it just works.
- 3.101 Dalmatians - 22Ethan: This is arguably my favorite of any of Disney movie, and if not it's close. It had my second highest score overall and I'm surprised to see it this low on the list (ahem, Stephen). I just love everything about it. Especially the tone, atmosphere, music, and humor.
- 4.The Artisocats - 22Ethan: I probably like this one more than most. I did watch it a bunch as a kid so the nostalgia factor is big. Still it holds up. It's not the most timeless or classic but it's still very entertaining. I especially love the music and the humor.
- 5.Robin Hood - 18.5Ethan: I never watched this one a lot growing up but have since developed an appreciation for it. It's a little too if it's time, but it's a lot of fun.
- 6.The Rescuers - 17Ethan: I never really enjoyed this one. The tone didn't gel with me in my youth and while I appreciate more now, it's pretty middle of the road for me.
- 7.The Sword in the Stone - 16.5Ethan: There are parts of this movie I really enjoy, but probably more parts that I don't. It's pretty uneven.