Disney Eras: Renaissance (1989-1999)
After a mostly unsuccessful run Disney decided to make some changes and get back to their fairy tale roots. The result is what many consider to be the best of the Disney Eras.
- •The Lion King - 27Ethan: As great as this movie is, it's always been a little underrated for me. Still I can't deny it's impact.
- •Aladdin - 26.5Ethan: At one point this was my favorite Disney movie and for good reason. I've probably seen it to many times for it to be as high as it should be. But still one of Disney's best.
- •Beauty and the Beast - 26Ethan: Another one that I find slightly overrated and have seen too many times (thanks to my sister watching it almost every day). But once again I can't deny how good it is.
- •Mulan - 25.5Ethan: This era started to drop off a bit as the decade went on, however this one probably saved it. Everything in this movie is solid. Story, characters, humor, action, songs, and animation. The only problem is it's not top notch.
- •The Little Mermaid - 24.5Ethan: The one that kicked off the era and started the new formula. While not my favorite I still enjoy it quite a bit and think it's at a good spot on our list.
- •Hercules - 22Ethan: I feel like this movie really wanted to be Aladdin. It's pretty good, especially the villain and the humor, but falls short of what it was trying to accomplish.
- •The Rescuers Down Under - 19Ethan: I watched this movie a few times growing up but never really loved it. Wish I had more to say about it.
- •Pocahontas - 19Ethan: Here's a tough one. This movie has so many good things going for it. Interesting premise and characters, good songs, and great animation. Unfortunately it never fully capitalizes on any of it.
- •Tarzan - 19Ethan: Another one that has a lot of good things going for it, albeit to a lesser extent, that falls short.
- •The Hunchback of Notre Dame - 18Ethan: I could repeat myself again here. Good songs, good animation, and a great villain. This movies problem is an uneven tone, with too many shifts.