HAIR STYLIST JERRY DECARLO'S FASCINATING FOLLICLE FACTS
Jerry DeCarlo is a third generation barber/hairstylist and his knowledge of period hairstyles is second to none.
- •"Your hair color is really a golden moon"
- •"That's when women used to wear 'peek-a-boo' bangs"
- •" a favorite hair dye color of the 50's was called 'the pretty beaver' "
- •"Many barbers today don't know how to do this low fade"
- •"Ideally I'd like to cut your hair about every 10 days, that's the key to keeping it consistent, with a good deep cut about every three weeks"
- •"Before the 50's it was really only actresses and prostitutes that dyed their hair and you were really considered a slut if you did"