14 Menu Items That Got the Axe
RIP to some of the very worst restaurant dishes in America!
- •McDonald's Quarter Pounder DeluxeConsidering it carries twice as many calories and two times the fat of Ronald’s classic cheeseburger, we’re pretty stoked to see this souped-up sandwich get the axe.
- •Applebee's Chicken Broccoli Pasta AlfredoIf you happen to have a copy of our 2015 edition of our Eat This, Not That! book, you already know that we named this waist-widening dish a “Not That.”
- •Chili's Monterey ChickenWith 940 calories, this dish had more fat that two orders of large McDonald's fries, and a whopping 3,560 milligrams of blood pressure-raising sodium. Needless to say, we all rejoiced the day we learned this dish had been sent to the graveyard.
- •Dairy Queen Iron Grilled Turkey SandwichThis year we said goodbye to DQ’s 550-calorie turkey sandwich. How they packed so many calories into an innocent lunchbox classic we may never know.
- •Applebee's Steak Sizzling Skillet FajitasGood riddance! This stealthy nutrition bomb has more than two days worth of sodium, more calories than five Wendy’s Junior Hamburgers, and more fat than 14 strips of sizzling bacon.
- •Friendly's Citrus Grilled Chicken SandwichIt’s may be called Friendly’s, but the popular chain’s fare is far from friendly to your belly. This entree had 1,250 calories, an entire day’s worth of salt, and more fat than 12 BK Chicken Strips
- •Jack in the Box Meaty Breakfast BurritoThis tiny egg wrap had more calories than you’d find in three Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donuts!
- •Uno Pizzeria & Grill Chicken MilaneseUno proves that when put into the wrong hands, a simple baked chicken dish can transform from a light and healthy choice to one that you shouldn’t touch with a 10-foot pole.
- •McDonald's Honey Mustard & Chipotle Barbecue Snack WrapsWe may never know why Ronald calls these extinct wraps a snack. The crispy chicken variety packs 340 calories, and the grilled ones come in at the 260-calorie mark.
- •Wendy's Pretzel Bacon CheeseburgerWith nearly 700 calories and traces of dangerous trans fat, this bad boy of the burger world deserved to lose its place on the menu board.
- •Chick-fil-A Cookie SundaeWhat has more sugar than three Snickers ice cream bars? This now-dead deadweight dessert from Chick-fil-A.
- •Panera French Onion Soup Bread BowlWe just let out a sigh of relief. When poured into the fast-casual chain’s oversized bread bowl, the soup ladled out nearly 900 calories and a shocking 152 grams of carbs!
- •Starbucks Valencia Orange RefresherPacked with 30 grams of sugar, this drink certainly would pack on the pounds. If you’re looking for something healthy to sip at Starbucks that’s not black coffee, how about a cup of tea?
- •McDonald's Southern Style Chicken SandwichThe southern-style fried chicken breast filet was served on a bun with pickles...and globs of butter.