9 Places to Score Free Coffee on National Coffee Day (9/29)
Forget your birthday and Christmas—Thursday, September 29th is officially the best day of the year, hands down. Why? It’s National Coffee Day! It gets better: In honor of the holiday, coffee chains, convenience stores, and eateries around the nation are giving away free and discounted cups of joe! Get your cup today!
- •Dunkin DonutsAll day long, every Dunkin' Donuts across the nation is giving away a medium cup of the brand’s signature hot coffee for 66 cents in honor of its 66 years of business.
- •StarbucksThe coffee house giant won’t be offering any discounts (cue the eye roll), but they will be planting a coffee tree on behalf of every customer who purchases a brewed Mexico Chiapas coffee. The trees will be distributed to coffee growers who have had their crops destroyed by a fungus known as coffee rust. The trees that Starbucks is donating are not affected by the fungus.
- •Cumberland FarmsText “FREECOFFEE” to 64827 to earn a free hot or iced coffee.
- •Peet's CoffeeGet a free medium cup of Peet’s drip coffee with the purchase of any fresh food item.
- •Krispy KremeFree food and a free drink? It doesn’t get much better than that! On September 29, you’ll be able to snag a small coffee and an Original Glazed Donut (the lowest-calorie variety Krispy Kreme offers) free of charge. Prefer iced coffees, lattes, or mochas? Order a size small, and it will only cost you a buck. Bonus: You’ll still get a free donut!
- •WawaThe popular convenience store is offering free coffee in any size. Love that!
- •LaMar's DonutsPurchase a 16 ounce LaMar’s collectors travel mug for $1.19 and they’ll fill it with coffee for free. Sweet! You know what else is pretty darn sweet?
- •Tim HortonsAt select restaurants, customers can get any size regular or dark roast coffee for a buck. Not too shabby!
- •Coffee BeaneryAt participating Coffee Beanery locations, customers will only have to shell out a buck for a fresh-brewed coffee of any size.