My pop culture feminist influences
What I watched growing up that helped shape me into who I am today (in retrospect, of course).
- •Troop Beverly Hills
- •Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead
- •The Mary Tyler Moore ShowOn Nick at Nite. For those "old" enough to remember.
- •Pee-Wee's PlayhouseThinking of writing a separate list about Pee-Wee.
- •Legally Blonde
- •The Muppets & Fraggle Rock
- •I also loved Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, and My Little Pony when I was really little. I don't know if these count but they seem to emphasize equality and girls are tasked with important missions so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •I also recognize this list is very white but I am an intersectional feminist and this is not wholly representative of my taste in movies/tv shows, just the ones that immediately sprung to mind.