QUOTES THAT SPEAK TO ME ON A DEEP LEVEL
Even if they aren't all deep.
- •Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.John Lennon
- •Man plans & G-d laughs.Yiddish proverb (An older and more succinct version of above)
- •No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world... You are here. Life exists, and identity. The powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?Dead Poets Society
- •Remember: Your heart is a muscle the size of your first. Keep loving, keep fighting.
- •The future has an ancient heart.Carlo Levi
- •Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen.Conan O'Brien
- •Wisdom is knowing I am nothing. Love is knowing I am everything. And between the two my life moves.Nisargadatta Maharaja (s/o @kellydehoop)
- •Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV.Rick and Morty
- •My heart is in the East and I am at the end of the West.Judah Halevi
- •Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are.Augustine of Hippo
- •You see, in the beginning, in the Garden of Eden, man & animals had perfect accord between them. But when man discovered sin, a chasm opened up that divided man, on one side, from all of the animals, on the other side. The chasm widened, until at the last possible moment, it was only the dog that leaped across the abyss to spend eternity with man.Amy Hempel's short story, "The Center"
- •In Groundhog Day, Bill destroys all meaning for himself... By the end of the movie, he has every moment scheduled so he can do some good... If life only has the meaning you bring to it, we have the opportunity to bring rich meaning to our lives by the service we do for others. It's a positive thing.Harold Ramis (I have read and watched interviews with Ramis about the religious, particularly Jewish/Buddhist, connotations of this movie but h/t @angusisley for this exact quote)