What would you do?
Not referring to the hidden camera, moral dilemma show.
- •Two situations are currently weighing on me and I'm not sure how to handle either. Perhaps you can help.
- •1. I recently found out that a friend of mine is racist. I'm disgusted by the things she told me and no longer want to be friends with her.
- •She lives out of state so the couple times a year she comes to town and wants to have lunch, I think I'll just be busy.I already told her how unacceptable, wrong, etc. I find her views to be. This is a person with some serious issues outside of the racism.
- •The main issue, though, is that we share a group of friends. We all live in NY, she moved down south two years ago. But we're all sitting at a table together at our mutual friend's wedding next month. I don't know if/when I should tell my friends.
- •If the roles were reversed, I would want to know. But what if they just shrug it off and keep being friends with her? After all, we've known her for 12/13 years.
- •My husband says I should wait until after the wedding so as to not make it awkward and I guess I agree, since it's already been a month since this all transpired.
- •2. Is it ok to tell a close friend of almost 7 years that I'm upset I found out about her engagement via social media? Her engagement is clearly not about me but I was very surprised that she didn't at least text me.
- •I saw her the night I got engaged and never posted anything about my pregnancy on Facebook (meaning I told everyone personally).She was at my wedding, attended my son's bris, and took his newborn photos.
- •We even had lunch less than 2 weeks before she got engaged.
- •Again, thoughts?