Already on li.st? Open in app.
It was on the tv when I turned it on and I put it on mute to answer emails but I couldn't look away.
- •It seems to be college era so yeah.
- •Heavy shade and heavier contour.
- •Brandon is in therapy.
I've had a few other glimpses, as a published writer. I'll wrote about those another time. But generally we walk the streets anonymously, which I like to say is highly underrated.
- •It was the 80s.
- •I was in my twenties.
- •I waited tables at a (long gone) pizza restaurant on Amsterdam Avenue called American Pie.
It's kind of like Telephone, with pictures.
- •So this was the first clue.
- •This was my terrible drawing of buried treasure.
- •This was my nephew Asa's guess about what my drawing was.
Somehow I waited until today to open these. It was a very merry Christmas indeed.
- •I love a good mani I can do at home.
- •This is going to be insanely adorable. I don't know what I'm going to put in it yet, probably pictures from our first Christmas in our new house.
- •I LOVE COLORING SO MUCH.
- •She said
- •She said that I said
- •She said that you said
My secret Santa Fawn Treme (autocorrect wants that to be "Fawn Tremendous" which I believe should be her superhero name) @famatr just totally made my day.
- •I haven't even opened it yet.
- •But the card is just the loveliest thing I've ever gotten from someone I never met. Fawn, my husband is from Kalamazoo, holla! Good people, those Mitten staters!
- •I have been in crazy pre-holiday mode so this came at the perfect time for a little spirit-lifter.
(aka just check out his books to see these characters in action because he knows what he's talking about)
- •"What I care about is that beautiful tangle of strengths and weaknesses."
- •"Be thorough explorers in the shame cave."
- •"Art is not efficient."
- •"If I only kidnap second-graders one weekend out of the year, that doesn't make it okay."
- •"Go to any book on your shelf and look at it."
- •"Really, this is a quagmire. Just don't do it."
I teach in a low-residency MFA program in creative writing, UCR Palm Desert. What this means in a nutshell is that we work primarily online on a blackboard and twice a year we come to Palm Springs to convene for workshops, lectures, visiting writers and such. It is, yes, the best job known to exist.
- •Food platter with a nice note.
- •View from my balcony.
- •Just: balcony.
I liked to fly when I was a kid. That was a long time ago.
- •Stewart Airport is ten minutes from our house, and at 4:30 am, I am the entirety of the security line
- •Rocking chairs at the Philly airport. Next to outlets.
- •I am not the screaming lady, and I haven't been the screaming lady since the 80s. (I am sometimes the crying lady, but not today.)