Already on li.st? Open in app.
I've been a diehard, lifelong fan of Star Trek for 45-plus years, so trust me when I tell you, Deep Space Nine is the best Trek series of all-time. Here are the top 10 episodes.
- 10.Duet (Season 1, Ep. 19)"The Butcher of Gallitep died six years ago. You're Aamin Marritza, his filing clerk." "That's not true. I am alive. I will always be alive! It's Marriza who is dead. Marritza, who was good for nothing but cowering under his bunk and weeping like a woman. Who, every night, covered his ears because he couldn't bear to hear the screaming... for mercy... of the Bajorans..." -Kira and Marritza/Darhe'el
- 9.The Die is Cast (Season 3, Ep. 21)"Do you know what the sad part is, Odo? I'm a very good tailor." - Garak
- 8.Improbable Cause(Season 3, Ep. 20)"But the point is, if you lie all the time, nobody's going to believe you, even when you're telling the truth." "Are you sure that's the point, doctor?" "Of course, what else could it be?" "That you should never tell the same lie twice..." - Julian Bashir and Elim Garak, on the lesson of The Boy Who Cried Wolf
11 years ago today, I had the good fortune of appearing as an extra in a walk-on role on Star Trek: Enterprise. (I won a charity auction and it was the greatest experience ever for a lifelong Star Trek fan.) Ths is a quick list of my greatest memories from that experience (in no particular order, because trying to rank them would be ridiculous).
- 1.Walking onto the SetI'd say it was a dream come true, but everything on this list was a dream come true. I will never forget when the door opened to Stage 18 and I walked onto that set. First sight? The bridge, completely lit in all its glory.
- 2.Seeing My Nametag on My UniformNot gonna lie. When I walked into the fitting room labeled "Starfleet Men" for the first time and saw my nametag on my uniform, that was a true out of body experience.
- 3.Uniform Fitting with Bob BlackmanIf you know anything about Star Trek, you know Bob Blackman is a behind-the-scenes costuming legend for the show. He was there to assist with my fitting, an honor that caused me to literally blurt from my tiny draped-off fitting room, into the cavernous warehouse where everyone was working, “I just want to say to everyone here, THANK YOU! The work you do is wonderful and truly appreciated!”
The definitive top 10 episode list of Star Trek: Voyager. This list is fully accurate and inarguable. (But feel free to try me.)
- 10.Day of Honor (Season 4, Ep. 3)"Let me access your controls." "I thought you'd never ask." - Torres and Paris
- 9.Flesh and Blood (Season 7, Ep. 9 & 10)"They can't support complex subroutines." "They are children of light and I will deliver them to freedom!" - Torres and Iden, about the Nuu'bari holograms
- 8.Message in a Bottle (Season 4, Ep. 13)"What are they doing?!" "Firing on us!" "They must think Romulans are on board!" "They're right!" - EMH Mark II and The Doctor, when Starfleet opens fire on them
The definitive top 10 episode list of Star Trek: The Original Series. This list is fully accurate and inarguable. There will be no discussion. (Or maybe there will be, since talking about Star Trek and different perspectives is quite literally my favorite thing to do. So, yeah, there will probably be lots of discussion.)
- 10.Mirror, Mirror (Season 2, Ep. 10)"One man cannot summon the future." "But one man can change the present." - Mirror Spock and Kirk, on sparing the Halkans
- 9.Arena (Season 1, Ep. 19)"I weary of the chase. Wait for me. I shall be merciful and quick." - Gorn Captain, persuading Kirk to surrender
- 8.Errand of Mercy (Season 1, Ep. 27)"Well, Commander, I guess that takes care of the war. Obviously the Organians aren't going to let us fight." "A shame, Captain. It would have been glorious." - Kirk and Kor