Living it up this weekend. Cooking, fermentations, experiments, OG Pokemon, and doing things
Sometimes, a weekend comes together with no planning. Those weekends are precious and excellent. This weekend really came together. Here are some highlights.
- •I roasted up a sexy chicken.I made confit garlic on Friday and used the roasted garlic oil to brush the chicken before I roasted it. Then I stuffed it with pure, uncut Christopher Ranch garlic cloves and then cooked it in beer with more garlic and carrots. 275 for 1:30 and 450 for 40 minutes. Love it.
- •Made some home fermentsMy baby and I love some pickles. She doesn't like cucumber pickles at all, but any other kind of pickle, she is game. So I made some spicy green beans with garlic and a Fresno chili, and some garlic with sweet peppers. The red jar is going to be hot sauce. I started all of them with whey from yogurt I made.
- •Yogurt, dawgGot myself this handy dandy Dash Greek yogurt maker. I bought it for $12 off craigslist, still in its packaging. Brand new. I love a good deal. I bought a Bulgarian yogurt strain from Cultures for Health and gave it a whirl. Ended up with a lot of excess whey to use, and some fantastic, creamy yogurt. Totally worth it.
- •Lt. SURGE!!!!!Ash brought the heat, but Lt. Surge took him DOWN!!! It got super real.
- •Bought a hatWent to the Treasure Island Flea Market this weekend. Awesome as always. Bought this sweet hat. Worth it. Go A's, baby.
- •LAUNDRY WITH GATOR!!!!Did laundry, and gator helped. He is super on top of it.
- •More pickles, homieHad some extra mushrooms, so I cooked them up and pickled them. Gonna be so tasty in a couple days.
- •Topped it off with some choice TVFull house, Futurama, and, God help me, Sharknado: the 4th Awakens. I missed most of Sharknado because I was cooking. Not sure I am made about that.