Am I remembering MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech correctly?
I mean my memory for detail isn't great, but this is pretty close, right?
- •I have a dream that one day people will just shut up and go home. All this agitating is annoying.
- •I have a dream that one day these spoiled entitled kids will learn to take what society is willing to give them and be happy about it. Was "you deserve fairness" printed on all those dumb participation trophies they got in youth soccer or something?
- •I have a dream that one day people will get some perspective - worry about your job and your family. Human suffering and injustice will sort itself out. Or not. Whatever.
- •I have a dream that one day people will focus on what's important - teaching their kids love and kindness. By which I mean being nice to their siblings and polite to adults. I don't want them to get carried away and start showing love and kindness to the disenfranchised, displaced, and persecuted. That will just lead to anger (ew, gross).
- •I have a dream that one day my commute to work will be unhindered by protesting crowds and my Facebook feed will once again be a pleasant collection of pictures of my friends' kids.
- •I have a dream that one day people will understand that if you see people of color, LGBTQ+ people, women, and refugees marginalized and demeaned, it's essentially the same as seeing your team lose a football game. Stop being such sore losers, losers.