Books that Shaped Me
- •The Code of the Woosters, Leave it to Psmith, and various other P.G. Wodehouse efforts.Nobody has ever put words together quite like him. So sharp, funny, and weird.
- •The Remains of the Day by Kazuo IshiguroAbsolutely perfect on love, culpability, and second chances. And it ends up being a beautiful defense of democracy. I think about it all the time and I first read it at least 12 years ago.
- •I Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithJust really close to my heart. Cassandra is my soul sister.
- •The Lord Peter Wimsey series by Dorothy L. SayersMaybe started me off on my love of England between the two wars as a setting. Lord Peter is the literary love of my life.
- •The Princess Bride by William GoldmanWhen I try to write funny, I'm really trying to write like William Goldman
- •Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenBefore I read this, I loved books. Pride and Prejudice made me love literature.