My dream filmography, if time, place, physical appearance, and my not being an actor were no object
These are the roles I was born to play.
- •Nora Charles in The Thin ManA funny, snarky, glamorous 1930s dame. Partnered up with William Powell!
- •Susan Vance in Bringing Up BabyA screwball 1930s dame. Perhaps even more lovable. Partnered up with Cary Grant!
- •Fran Kubelik in The ApartmentBeautifully flawed, completely adorable. Partnered up with Jack Lemmon!
- •Velvet Brown in National VelvetAn English girl with a horse obsession.
- •Sarah Brown in Guys and DollsI want to sing those songs and I want to do it opposite Marlon Brando. I think I could do better than Jean Simmons too.
- •Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family moviesThis is REALLY the role I was born to play.
- •Sarah in LabyrinthThrough dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle, beyond the Goblin City, to take back the child that you have stolen.
- •Penny Lane in Almost FamousOk I really just want to be in the scene where they all sing Tiny Dancer.
- •Sugar Kane in Some Like it HotOh how I would have loved to be on that set.
- •Emma in EmmaI gave a lot of thought to which Jane Austen character I'd want to play. It's this character in this movie.
- •The Baker's Wife in Into the WoodsI'm still upset that they made this movie without me.