Surprising Movies (In A Good Way)
Extra special movies that I'll talk about any time, anywhere.
- •MelancholiaThis movie is a gorgeous work of art.
- •The Last King of ScotlandTense and gritty with wonderful, nuanced performances.
- •Vera DrakeI'm always a Mike Leigh fan, but this is a standout. Imelda Staunton is astonishingly good in it.
- •Win WinI've since become a big Tom McCarthy fan. This movie is so quirky and heartwarming and smart. And as a lawyer I really, really felt it.
- •The CompanyIt's got that Robert Altman ensemble feeling and it's so beautiful to look at.
- •Conversations with Other WomenI don't know if ANYONE else saw this movie, but it's so good. Helena Bonham Carter and Aaron Eckhart are magic together.