Words I've looked up over and over again because I can never remember what they mean.
I have these all starred as favorites in the dictionary app, and I still can't hold their meanings in my head.
- •INTEMERATE (undefiled; unsullied; pure)
- •INVETERATE (settled or confirmed in a habit, practice, feeling, or the like)
- •ASPERITY (harshness or sharpness of tone, temper, or manner)
- •HEURISTIC (serving to indicate or point out; stimulating interest as a means of furthering investigation)
- •VITUPERATE (to use or address with harsh or abusive language; revile)
- •REDOLENT (having a pleasant odor; fragrant)
- •TENEBROUS (dark; gloomy; obscure)
- •SPECIOUS (apparently good or right though lacking real merit; superficially pleasing or plausible) and SPURIOUS (not genuine, authentic, or true; not from the claimed, pretended, or proper source; counterfeit)I can never remember which of these words is which.