EMBARRASSING HOBBIES OF MY YOUTH
Inspired by @gcowles.
- •Dungeons & DragonsSort of. I was never very enthusiastic. It was an hour school bus ride from the Valley to John Burroughs Jr High, and it was play or sleep.
- •Mime for moneyI was actually a professional mime, getting paid for gigs, like birthday parties.
- •Boy ScoutsMy dad's boss was the scout leader, so this was compulsory. I lasted about a year.
- •Sneaking into construction sitesYou know, to smoke stolen cigarettes and skateboard.
- •ReadingMom got me into Stephen King at 11, Dad gave me Don Quixote at 10.
- •Joining record clubsGetting a dozen albums for a dollar, but not buying the requisite full-price ones.
- •PiningGirls. Some things haven't changed.