MOVIES I STILL NEED TO WATCH WITH @ALIEN ➕➕
Now that she can watch some tamer 'R' flicks, the world opens up again! (Like when PG-13 became age-appropriate.)
- •Repo ManThe music, the weirdness, the moment in time.
- •PaprikaI can't recall why it's rated R. I know she'll love the dreamy oddness and gorgeous animation.
- •Point BreakWhen she was a baby, I taught her movie quotes instead of animal sounds. "What does Keanu Reeves say?" "Whoa."
- •Matrix, Jurassic Park, Terminator cyclesShe's seen at least the first of all of these, and their sequels are diminishing in returns, but it's still important to know the canon.
- •Blazing Saddles, Young FrankensteinEvery Jewish child should know the wonder of Mel Brooks, and not just because of Space Balls.
- •Down by LawThe music. Tom Waits and John Lurie and Roberto Benigni. The languid pace and dry humor.