QUESTIONS I HAVE FOR THE MALE SPECIES
Answers for @lfried
- 1.Sometimes it's awesome, and sometimes it's scary.(see the second part of your question + it sometimes behaves of its own volition, and that can be embarrassing)
- 2.Yes, yes we do. But for some different reasons than you might.Like what happens when the equipment starts to break down.
- 3.I don't think about it a lot, but the concept still has an effect on my behavior and whom I project myself to be.Especially as a father, or a best friend, or a boyfriend.
- 4.So. Much. Emotional noise. But we're told early on, and again and again, that real men don't do drama.
- 5.No, of course not. Nothing scares us (see #4). What's hard for us is recognizing our privilege, understanding why feminism is necessary, and knowing what our responsibility is in relation to it.As the father of a 15-year-old girl, I'm extra-sensitive to this giant question mark.
- 6.Bros can be supportive while still being competitive. It's that sports ethos, where you beat the crap out of each other and then drink beers together afterward. So maybe a little recognition of how to be rivals and best friends?Also, bros may not be as supportive as you think they are.
- 7.It's not the intimacy that's scary; it's the exposure if things don't work out.When you open yourself up to real feelings and possibility, potentially seeming less "manly," and then get your soul crushed for it.
- 8.Yes, @A. So fun.Writing your name in the snow, desecrating national heritage sites, peeing off high places...