ROAD TRIP: DENVER-ABQ
Family converges to celebrate the 80th birthday of my aunt, who lives in Albuquerque.
- •Just as we get ready to leave the house (an hour later than planned)...London cousins (Simone's 3 gay uncles), who were supposed to fly from DEN to ABQ, text from the airport that their flight was cancelled. So Simone and I picked them up, and all five of us made the 450-mile drive together. Such a fun surprise!
- •We drive all the way to DIA, scoop them up, stop at Jimmy Johns for sandwiches to go.(Floor of men's room photo)
- •Snowy morning gives way to low-slung clouds.
- •Giant windmills.
- •Huerfano.(The Orphan)
- •Weather starts to break.
- •Sun! And a ribbon of highway.
- •Pino's, Las Vegas, NM.Pee-yes!
- •Reward for a 450-mile trek.