SUMMER BLOCKBUSTERS, RATED
@alien and I love hitting summer movies on the big screen. We're suckers for a scifi or action flick in IMAX. Some wonders, for sure, but disappointments, too.
- 1.Mad Max: Fury RoadWithout question, a true achievement - technically, in storytelling, in making us care about the characters, and in pure adrenaline awesomeness. Batshit crazy brilliance, with a warm, mushy heart.
- 2.Inside OutSo much emotional depth. So many tears.
- 3.Ant ManPaul Rudd kills it, and the story clips along so well. That perfect balance of action and humor. I have serious feelings for Evangeline Lilly. Damn.
- 4.Mission: Impossible Rogue NationNot quite up to Ghost Protocol's flawless storytelling, but compelling and fun, with a team you root for (Simon Pegg steals it again).
- 5.Avengers: Age of UltronAwesome to have the band back together, and some marvelous set pieces. People complained about too much action - fuck that, bring it on! Sadly, the whole thing did feel bloated by the end.
- 6.The Man from U.N.C.L.E.Felt like a first generation Bond movie, and we loved the style and grace. Fun story, too. The leads didn't have a ton of charisma, sadly.
- 7.Jurassic WorldA fun and exciting retread. @alien LOVED the dino-a-dino action, especially the mosasaur. And we'd watch Chris Pratt eating Cheerios.
- 8.Terminator GenisysFuck. What a disappointment. We left feeling angry. They messed with the timeline, the movie didn't make sense, and everyone except Ahnold (who was the only good thing about the movie) kind of sucked.
- 9.Fantastic Four(Didn't bother seeing it, actually.)