THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT MY HOUSE BEFORE I MOVED IN
We just celebrated a year in our modern brownstone in LoHi, the coolest neighborhood in Denver. It's the most beautiful house I've owned. And it still surprises me.
- •Skylights in the bathroom = rainbows in the shower.
- •Tankless water heaters are fucking loud.
- •There's a rainbow at the end of the street almost every day in summer.
- •My bedroom has French doors to my balcony!I didn't figure this out until we were two months in.
- •Sound carries. Wifi, not so much.
- •Three stories means strong calves.
- •I don't use the upstairs wet bar as often as I thought.But when I do... #bamchickabambam
- •The trees in front bloom in spring, and whole street smells like flowers.(It snows a lot in the spring.)
- •The best bartenders and cocktails are within a few blocks.I mean, I knew that, but it's become even better in the last few months.
- •The third floor balcony is a perfect spot for working.Especially on #nopantsTuesday.
- •Actually, if you get your tankless water heater purged of dead moths, it purrs.Just learned this a week ago. We've been living here a YEAR and it's been loud the whole time!
- •I can make negronis, drink them on my balcony, and hear live music from across the park.
- •I have a rooftop, and it's AWESOME!I just learned this a few weeks ago, after seeing the renters next door hosting a party on their roof. The view is a stunner, even better than from our balconies. I moved a chaise up there.