TRIGGERS THAT LET ME KNOW I'M DREAMING
Certain things make me self-aware in my dreams, and I can usually take control of them when that happens.
- •I can't text for shit.My autocorrect goes haywire, or I can't press the correct letters, or I can't pull up the contact info of the person I need to reach. This really messes with me when it happens and I'm awake and kinda drunk.
- •I'm pressing the brakes on the car or truck I'm driving, but it keeps rolling.Crashing into stuff, going over a cliff, wreaking havoc.
- •I see my dad.This doesn't always trigger lucidity, but when it does, I hug him and hug him and tell him I miss him.
- •I can't find my way back.I'm in a building or set of hallways, and I'm trying to go back to a certain place or find someone. "Oh, wait, I'm dreaming. I'll never get there. Fuck it."
- •I have to pee, but all the toilets are broken.Or occupied, or in public (like a urinal in an elevator), or filthy. This usually means I need to wake up and go to the bathroom - thank goodness my brain never lets me find something I could actually pee into.