THINGS PEOPLE ASKED ME WHEN I USED TO WORK AT THE NEW YORK TIMES
All the questions fit to print.
- 1.Why are you asking me that?
- 2.Will my name be in the paper?
- 3.When does tomorrow's paper come out?
- 4.Can I see the article before it's published?Not ever.
- 5.Will it be on Page One?Not likely.
- 6.Who edits the wedding announcements?
- 7.Can you help me get my wedding announcement in the paper?
- 8.Do you have to go to Harvard to get a wedding announcement in the paper?
- 9.Do you know Maureen Dowd?
- 10.Who's cuter? Paul Krugman or Frank Bruni?David Brooks
- 11.Where can I buy the paper?A real question I heard more than once.
- 12.Why don't you make more money?