THINGS PEOPLE ASKED ME WHEN I USED TO WORK AT THE NEW YORK TIMES
All the questions fit to print.
- •Why are you asking me that?
- •Will my name be in the paper?
- •When does tomorrow's paper come out?
- •Can I see the article before it's published?Not ever.
- •Will it be on Page One?Not likely.
- •Who edits the wedding announcements?
- •Can you help me get my wedding announcement in the paper?
- •Do you have to go to Harvard to get a wedding announcement in the paper?
- •Do you know Maureen Dowd?
- •Who's cuter? Paul Krugman or Frank Bruni?David Brooks
- •Where can I buy the paper?A real question I heard more than once.
- •Why don't you make more money?