THE BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING 10
In Lisbon Maine in 1980
- •When Vacation Bible School was over for the summer
- •Writing down the titles of all my favorite songs - how did I know that would always be my favorite music?
- •Playing Nancy Drew in the basement and outside on our bikes
- •"Bottle looking" on our bikes and turning in our findings for penny candy at "Blair's"
- •Carrying home stacks of Harlequin romances from the Lisbon Village Library
- •Italians from Ronnie's
- •Roller skating in the house
- •Ice skating for miles on the Sabattus River
- •Picking wild blueberries under the power lines
- •Cross country skiing through the meadows on snow days
- •Dr Demento ("fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads")
- •Renting videos for a dollar
- •Playing parachute in gym class to "Run you chicken fat run"
- •School mashed potatoes and gravy